Thursday, January 29, 2009

yizards and more

hmmmm, where to start.  Here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks.  The first are from the usual Sunday photo shoot--you know, the cutest day of the week (at least for Ellie. Gracie takes out her hair and changes back into her favorite, too-small polka dot shirt first thing after church.)

 

   



This picture just makes me laugh.

Gracie is currently on a "yizard" kick.  She insists that her yizards be placed in her crib with her each night.  It's great when your child really loves wal-mart dollar specials.

This is significant--Gracie lets me put pigtails in her hair these days!  


Gracie loves to help feed Ellie, and I think Ellie loves it too.  

And watch out Ms. Stewart.  Jake has been cooking a lot lately, and every single meal is my new favorite.  He is so creative--never uses a recipe.  He much prefers to cook and I much prefer to clean up, so it works out just dandy.  

              

And I'm really not kidding, Martha.  Jake just finished building us some floating display shelves.  I know, you probably thought we got these from Pottery Barn, but Jake actually constructed them from a hollow door.  I'm pretty excited because I'm sure the value of our home is now significantly higher :)


And just in case you all were worried that I'm not developing any domestic skills, here is a pillow that took me way too long to make.  Martha has no competition here. 

I wonder what she's thinking when she gets this look on her face.

And finally we have Jacob and Gracie cheering on Ellie  as she attempts to crawl.  That cute little leg just always gets in the way!  

So there you have it.  Oh, school was cancelled again yesterday due to some light snow.  So we made our first official car shopping trip.  It was somewhat humorous to be the recipient of so many sales tactics, and I thoroughly enjoyed not caving in to any of them.   



3 comments:

Katie Laird said...

Wow, this is one of my favorite posts yet. Ellie is absolutely heartbreaking in her little jean dress. Such a mouth! And I love your pillows! Seriously. They are very nice looking. I'm very impressed. I didn't know Gracie loved plastic lizards. Have they supplanted Barney, then?

Courtney said...

I love Ellie's big gummy smile! And way to go on the pillows! They look really good!

Britney said...

Your family is so cute Heidi! Hope you don't mind, but I found your blog through Court's and posted the link on mine :) Gracie's got the biggest, most happiest smile! What cute girls. I'm very impressed at the shelves and way to go on the pillows. I think they're so cute!