Monday, October 13, 2008

in the mean time...

Since my last round of blogging (about a year ago) a few significant things have occurred: 



We all (Gracie included!) graduated from BYU in April.  Even though it took me forever to decide what to study, I finally discovered sociology and loved school (at least the subject matter) from that point on.  Hmm, I do miss Provo.  My years at BYU will always be some of the best of my life.  I consider it a miracle that I found Jacob--the most important outcome of the time that I spent in Provo.  But I don't think anyone can come away from that little (well big) school on the hill and not be a better person. 
On with the update:  Jacob, as always, knew all along what he wanted to do.  He graduated in biology composite teaching and, yes, he is now a middle school biology teacher.  Some might think he is crazy, but all I can say is I hope that my children have at least one teacher in their life that is as exciting and motivating as Jake.  I think he will do more good in this profession than any other that he could have chosen.  Even if we live in poverty the rest of our lives, it will be somewhat of a compensation to know what an influence for good he is on so many kids that are at such a critical and malleable stage in life.  If you can't tell, I think Jacob is one of the smartest, kindest, most attractive guys on the face of the earth :)   



Our good friend Sophie got baptized!!  We met Solomon and Sophie while living at Wymount and we became great friends.  They came to BYU from China and I have always been impressed with people who choose to attend a college that is not their first language.  College was hard enough for me, and I spoke English!!  We miss the great chinese food and the great company that Sophie and Solomon always provided (we hope they come visit us in Tennessee one of these days!) 



Elllie was born June 6, 2008.  She weighed in at 9 lbs 1 oz!  Jake was that exact weight, so I blame him for her size.  You know, I was okay with having a big baby because I thought she'd be able to sleep through the night sooner than later.  But apparently not.  But I really cannot complain because Ellie often gets the best baby award. She is mostly always content and only screams at the top of her lungs if Gracie bites her, which is completely understandable.  But most of the time Gracie is really sweet with Ellie, and I have glimpses of what great friends they're bound to be.  There's nothing better than a sister!

Wow, this post has taken a while.  And not because I particularly have a lot to say.  It's because blogging and posting pictures can get really frustrating when you don't know what you're doing.  So I'm going take a break and continue this update tomorrow... 

1 comment:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I love these updates. What great pictures!
Your two girls are adorable (was there ever any doubt they would be?).
Congrats on coming back to blogging, it makes me very happy.