Monday, October 13, 2008

update continued

This update will continue sooner than expected due to Ellie's unwillingness to be rocked to sleep.  I have finally turned her over to the swing.  I always feel bad resorting to a machine in order to get my child to go to sleep, but sometimes I just get too impatient.

I think the previous post brings us up to where we are now--good ol' Fairview, TN.  A tiny little town about 45 minutes southwest of Nashville.  Some of Jacob's family lives here so we decided to venture outside of Utah for a time and live in the country.  And it really is the country--which is both good and bad.  The good is that it is sooo beautiful.  Especially now that all of the trees are turning colors and the humidity has eased up.  The bad is that there is not much in the way of convenient shopping, and sidewalks are a foreign concept, not to mention the fact that I miss my family.  But I am slowly getting used to it all, and while I don't know if I'll ever quite fit into this culture, I imagine that my memories will be fond of this place.  And so, get ready for some more pictures from the past few months...

A little too excited for a bath.

Hiking partners...Dad and Gracie

Not so excited about the wagon ride at Thanksgiving point.

The good looking Griffin boys at Abbi's wedding.


Belle and Gracie 

Our current abode--the in-law's.  But not for much longer!  We will hopefully be closing on our first home on Halloween Day!!

 Grandma Griffin and Gracie feeding the horses (the horse bit so hard that it flipped the carrot out of Gracie's hand and right back into her face.  So sad, but kind of funny)



view from the front yard.

4 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

You shouldn't feel bad about the swing! My mom would throw in a load of laundry and put me on top of the washer to lull me to sleep. Can you imagine trying to get me to sleep?
I've got a slue of friends in Nashville, did you know that?

Andrae said...

yea!!! I love it!! I didn't even know you had a blog!! Keep the pictres and updates coming I love em!!! Do you have pics of the house yet? If so please post!!! Give those girls kisses and hugs from all of us!!

Camille said...

I am so glad that you found me, I have been thinking of you too! You look so great and your girls are dolls! It will be fun to keep in touch and see how you are doing, You were always a great friend and I have a lot of great memories with you! Take care and keep in touch!

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh! I just barely saw your comment on my blog! I am so excited that you found me! And I had no idea you were moving to TN! Super exciting for you, but sad that you are so far away. Things with Joe and I are good. Joe graduated so we are both just working. Nothing too exciting going on here. I can't wait to sit and read all your previous posts to see what you have been up to. You have such a beautiful family! I miss you!