Saturday, November 29, 2008

connected again!

We finally have the internet again.  And better yet, we finally have our own place again!!  We moved into our house last weekend, and Jacob and I still can't believe that it is really ours. Well, I guess it's the bank's--so kind of them to lend it to us.  So here are some pictures of some recent parties, purchases, and visitors!


Gracie's 2nd birthday.  She picked (okay I guess I picked) german chocolate cake to celebrate.

Jacob hard at work assembling Gracie's first kitchen.  

It was hard for her to talk to my mom and dad with so many exciting things going on.


This picture makes me laugh.  She knew just what to do with every feature of the kitchen.

And here is our new estate :)  

mmmm.  New carpet.  I love carpet.  I know it's all the rage to install hardwood floors everywhere, but I will always love carpet.  

This room used to be dark blue.  We painted it yellow which, needless to say, makes the room much brighter and happier. 

Basements are hard to come by out here, so it was great that we were able to find a housewith a bonus room over the garage.  It will serve as Gracie's playroom and a storage room.  

The living area.  No, we will not be displaying our tv as the focal point of the room.I'm sorry, but I think that's tacky.  Hopefully we can find an art piece big enough to cover the hole in the wall.

Ahhh...the beautiful washer and dryer that we inherited with the house.  No more late night trips to the laundry mat.  

Let the princess stage begin.  And I'm blaming Katie for it--she gave Gracie this ensemble for her birthday. 

It has been determined that Ellie looks like Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

A civil war confederate cemetery that we visited.  One of the biggest graveyards of its kind.  

My beautiful sister Katie has officially become the first of my family to come visit us in TN.  She spent her Thanksgiving break with us and we had tons of fun.  I miss her already.  

The end. 

4 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

You have a house! --And a great one, at that.

I loved the toy barn that I saw in one of the pictures. Totally took me back to my childhood.

Oh, my dad got a new car and he named it Griffin. I don't get where he came up with it.

Tweeb and Danyette said...

Your house is so cute and I can not wait to see it. Happy Birthday to Gracie!!

Courtney said...

I am totally jealous! Your house is gorgeous, I love it! Hooray on being a home owner!

Ephraim said...

I agree, your house is beautiful! I love the yard and your carpet looks great!