Saturday, November 22, 2008

reminiscing and looking forward

Just a quick note to say that 2 years ago today my life changed forever.  Don't worry--in a good way.  Gracie was born and, although I had no idea what I was doing, I have somehow managed to keep her alive for the past two years.  And along the way I've learned so very much.  Probably the most obvious, yet most significant is that, in the words of Dr. Seuss, "a person's a person no matter how small."  I never realized how real and alive a little human being is.  They have feelings, they have a brain, and just like any normal human being, they want to be loved and understood.  They want to understand the world around them.  Parenting is much easier and fascinating when I remember that.  
Now, two years later, we have a home with a cute yellow room for Gracie!  And tomorrow is finally the day when we get to move in.  Pictures will be posted soon! 

1 comment:

Andrae said...

Happy Birthday Gracie!! Happy new home Heidi and Jake!!! I can't wait to see pictures!