Sunday, November 2, 2008

keys and lamps

Whenever I lose anything, the lost items are constantly on my mind, and I'm always slightly annoyed that I can't find them.  For those who know me well know that I am often in this state of  annoyance, but I am happy to report that what was lost this past week has now been found.  My camera and two credit cards.  aaahhhh, the relief.  Yesterday at the closing for our house the seller handed me 3 keys, and said that a few more were on the way!!!  Wow, I have never owned 3 of the same keys in my life.  I am always losing keys, so we usually only have one house key to share.  So I'm excited to have a great head start on house keys so maybe I should pull out the key finder that Mom gave us and actually use it before all of them get lost.  
So here is the picture you have all been waiting for.  Our incredible Halloween ensemble.  But seriously, I'm starting a new tradition of hassle-free, non-traditional Halloween costumes. No offense, but the world has plenty of witches, princesses, and fairies, but when is the last time you've seen a complete living room lamp set?  Well here's one:


 
Oh, did I mention that Gracie won the best costume award for her age division?  And collectively, we received the funniest costume award.  Yes, it was a great accomplishment.  I laugh every time I think about it.  I really enjoyed having this lamp shade over my head because I didn't have to look at people as we paraded around during the costume contest.  Sometimes it's just nice to hide behind something and not have to look at anyone.  Or maybe I'm just weird...



  

  And lest I forget, here is little Ellie the lady bug.  mmmm, I just want to squeeze her.  Babies often just end up looking like little stuffed animals on Halloween--I love it!

  

3 comments:

Courtney said...

LOL! I love it! Such a creative idea.

Tweeb and Danyette said...

I am so glad that you found our blog I am going to put you on my friends list (I hope thats okay). I loved the lamp costumes, I was not at the party so I did not get to see them. Thanks for always letting us join in on your family holidays, we really appreciate it.
Danyette

Andrae said...

Love it!! very creative!! AND I have more clothes for the little one! they are 12 month clothing :)